Sunday, February 25, 2018

"I AM" Mini Album with Grand Arch 3D Card

Hi everyone! 
I'm back with a mini album created with Grand Arch 3D Card – 3D Vignettes from Becca Feeken's Amazing Paper Grace dies by Spellbinders.  This album is called "I AM" Mini Album.


It's created with Amazing Paper Grace Grand Arch 3D Card – 3D Vignettes for base of the album.  I've added hand sewn page signatures between the Grand Arch 3D Card pages.  I also used Ornamental Arch – 3D Vignettes, Cinch and Go Flowers III – 3D Vignettes, Cinch and Go Flowers and Arched Swallowtail Pennants.

Here are the pages, covers and spine pieces. 
 
 

The tabs are cut off of the covers and pattern paper for the covers.

I made sewn book signature pages of drawing paper to add between the divider pages.


Five pieces of paper cut 8 ⅜ʺ x 4 ⅞ʺ make up each signature, three signatures in the mini album. Each signature was scored, folded and holes poked in fold.  Holes that match in spacing were added to spine piece of album.  Each signature was sewn into spine between cuts for divider pages.  I recommend making hole spacing so center hole isn't next to cut slots.  I didn't think of that soon enough so it was a little hard to put tabs into the spine.

Here you can see stitching of signatures into spine.

 
 
Here's what the pages look like before adding dividers into the slots.

 
I next added the divider pages. 
 
 

The tabs were secured to the spine with Extreme Double-Sided Tape ¼ in. 
 
 
 
Then black check paper was fastened over spine to hide tabs.  Again I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape ¼ in at edges to secure it well. 
 
 
 
 Patterned paper was fastened to front covers using Adhesive Sheets 6 x 12 inch applied to each piece. 
 
The front cover is decorated with an arched frame cut with Ornamental Arch – 3D Vignettes. I cut two and fastened them together for more dimension.  A solid lighter color paper is behind it.
 
 
The piece with "thankful, grateful, blessed" was cut with Arched Swallowtail Pennants #3 (#1 being smallest). It was trimmed to fit.  I used the label from Grand Arch 3D Card – 3D Vignettes across the bottom popped up with Thin 3D Foam Squares White Mix.
 
 
 
Little flowers cut with Cinch and Go Flowers #1 and #2 frame the label, each fastened with DODZ™ Adhesive Dots Medium.  Each flower has a center made with 2 DODZ™ Adhesive Dots Medium on top of each other and covered with embossing powder (not heated).  A few leaves cut with leaf stem from Cinch and Go Flowers III – 3D Vignettes are tucked in behind flowers.  Knotted seam binding is fastened with DODZ™ Adhesive Dots Medium also.
 
 
 
I added patterned paper to each divider page on both sides, again using Adhesive Sheets 6 x 12 inch to apply adhesive. 
 
Here's the page inside the front cover:
 


I made a pocket cut with arch frame from Ornamental Arch – 3D Vignettes.  Arch part is folded down  showing  paper back pattern.  A journal page is tucked into it.

Here's another divider page....
 
 
The "I Am" page is from Simple Stories I AM Vertical Elements.  I cut the words from that page and popped them up with Thin 3D Foam Squares White Mix.

Another divider page...

Another arched frame cut with Ornamental Arch – 3D Vignettes.  Little flowers and leaves along the side.

Inside the back cover...

 
On the left is a pocket with slide out journaling card.  Inside the back cover, is a flip page made with pieces cut with arched die from Grand Arch 3D Card – 3D Vignettes.  I cut decorative paper with Arched Swallowtail Pennants and trimmed them to fit.  Another small flower decorates the top. 
I hope you enjoyed this I AM Mini Album tutorial. I love making handmade books!  This was fun to put together and decorate. 

Be sure to check out Becca's Amazing Paper Grace blog post on February 27, 2018.  She'll show all the books made by Amazing Paper Grace Creative Team.  Loads of inspiration!

Thanks so much for visiting!

Happy Creating!

judy
 

Supplies:
 

Ornamental Arch – 3D Vignettes
Cinch and Go Flowers III – 3D Vignettes
Cinch and Go Flowers
Arched Swallowtail Pennants


DODZ™ Adhesive Dots Medium
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser
Thin 3D Foam Squares White Mix
Extreme Double-Sided Tape in
Extreme Double-Sided Tape ¼ in

Simple Stories - I Am Collection
Echo Park Wedding Bliss Lt. Pink/Pink
Bazzill Paper – Taffy, Aqua
Olive Green card stock
Dark Yellow Embossing Powder
Seam Binding

4 comments:

Becca Feeken said...

Judy, this mini is amazing! I love each and every single solitary page and can't wait to show it to my daughter. Her style is not elegant and this is a brilliant show of an authentic style close to her heart! Oh, my gosh, this is so sweet!! The tutorial is amazing too! :-)

Judy Hayes said...

Thank you so much Becca!

Mary Jo said...

Judy this is an amazing project. Looks like a fun one to make.

TLady said...

What a BEAUTIFUL IDEA to create a little journal, Judy! It is SO YOUTHFUL with the patterns & the colors you've chosen!!! I LOVE all of the little extra's you've added too, the journal card & the flip piece at the end!!! SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!