Sunday, May 6, 2018

Masculine BIrthday Card with Man and Balloon.

Happy Sunday!  It's another post day for Amazing Paper Grace dies.  Today, I've put together a masculine card with Grand Dome 3D Card – 3D Vignettes ,Oh Happy Day – Elegant 3D Vignettes  and circle die from Layered Happy Birthday – 3D Vignettes.

This is a 5 x 7 card.  I used Grand Dome 3D Card – 3D Vignettes to cut the shape of the wood grain and red papers.  However, it's a bit short for a 5 x 7 card so I cut the curved top and part of sides. To do that, I placed the base plate over the upper part of the die only, the part I wanted to be cut.

 
Then I cut the tabs off and continued to cut the side edges with my paper cutter.  I also cut the bottom to be square with sides.
Next, I cut the circle using circle die from Grand Dome 3D Card – 3D Vignettes.  To align it, I used the decorative die as a placement guide.  I removed it before cutting.


I decided to use a red mat behind the wood grain. I cut the paper as I wanted it along bottom and sides.  Then I placed die from Grand Dome 3D Card – 3D Vignettes at top.  I used wood grain piece that was already cut as a guide. I cut only the very top part, curved edge, by putting base plate over that area only.


Next I aligned the circle.  I discovered the circle die from Spellbinders Layered Happy Birthday – 3D Vignettes was just a little smaller than circle cut in wood grain paper.

I used it to cut circle in red paper which gave me a narrow reveal of red.


I stamped the images on Kraft paper and fastened it behind circle opening.  I fussy cut the man and balloon to pop up with 3D Foam Squares.  I added a string from balloon.  The verse is popped up with Thin 3D Foam Squares.
I hand cut the black matt at the curve/top edge.  Straight edges were cut with paper cutter.
It's fastened with E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser to Kraft card front which was stamped along the edges.
"Birthday" was stamped on Kraft paper label (cut with die from Oh Happy Day – Elegant 3D Vignettes) that had been stamped with text.  I trimmed the edges and fastened it to a black tag.  "Happy" was cut from red paper fastened to black 3D Creative Sheets.  This is a little tricky but I sure like the raised effect! Twine is knotted at tag ends.  A bit of red was added at right edge under tag. 

 
 
Oh,  I rounded the top card corners with 1/2 inch corner rounder.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Have a creative day!
Judy
 
Supplies:
Amazing Paper Grace Dies by Becca Feeken:
Spellbinders Layered Happy Birthday – 3D Vignettes
Oh Happy Day – Elegant 3D Vignettes
Grand Dome 3D Card – 3D Vignettes
 
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6 inch
3D Creative Sheets
E-Z Dots® Repositionable Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser
Thin 3D Foam Squares  - Black Mix
3D Foam Squares – Black Mix
Adhesive Dots Micro
 
Other Supplies:  Penelope Dee Papers, Black Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves Ink, Twine, Black Cord, Tim Holtz Stamps

No comments: